Scott, a member of our Click in and Chat and Community Panel Volunteer has very kindly shared his top tips for self care.
If you do require front line services over the Christmas break, please take a look at our Christmas Closure post for a list of services.
- Eat a balanced diet. Check out the free Easy Meals app for ideas
- Drink plenty of water (I know its Christmas but go easy on the alcohol) ????
- Get a good nights sleep. Your body and mind will appreciate it.
- Stretch your body and move if you can.
- Look after your appearance and keep clean and tidy.
- Talk or write about your feelings. Family, friends, helplines, your Doctor or support worker. Reach out.
- Creative activities such as mindfulness colouring or Christmas crafts, cards tree decorations etc.
- Build a support network.
- Use positive self talk. “You can do this”
- Recognise what you can and cant control and learn to let go of what you cant (meditation may help this).
- Recognise how your thoughts effect your feelings.
- Enjoy a hobby or interest do something you love. Cooking, reading, watching a movie etc..
- Spend time on relationships that support you.
- Develop personal boundaries and learn to say no.
- Find time to have a laugh and have fun with those who make you feel happy.
- Spend time in nature. If you cant get out how about some house plants?
- Practice meditation and mindfulness.
- Go to a place that helps you to connect.
- Organise your space.
- Get a diary and write down appointments bills etc.
- Create a to do list.
- Organise your finances.
Thank you for to Scott for sharing your top tips for self care. If you would like to submit an entry for our blog, please email: email@example.com