Disability Confident Employer
What is Disability Confident?
- Disability Confident is creating a movement of change, encouraging employers to think differently about disability and take action to improve how they recruit, retain and develop disabled people.
- Being Disability Confident is a unique opportunity to lead the way in your community. It was developed by employers and disabled people’s representatives to make it rigorous but easily accessible –particularly for smaller businesses.
- Seeing changing behaviour and cultures in businesses, organisations, networks and communities, and reaping the benefits of inclusive recruitment practices.
The 3 levels are designed to support you on your Disability Confident journey. The 3 levels are:
- Disability Confident Committed employer (Level 1)
- Disability Confident Employer (Level 2)
- Disability Confident leader (Level 3)
Why Disability Confident?
- Disability Confident can help you recruit, retain and develop disabled people who will help your business to succeed.
- The Disability Confident badge will also show disabled people that you recognise the value they can bring to your business -putting you ahead in the search for talent.
- Removing barriers for Disabled people.
- Focus on being inclusive as an organisation.
- Work with others to continue to your inclusive journey