Consultancy and Training
Innovative and forward thinking solutions for your business.
WECIL is my preferred provider for disability advice and support. WECIL exceeded my expectations: combining knowledge and lived experience with humour to make a valuable and very enjoyable day. I am clear about how I will use the knowledge acquired to benefit employers in the South West.”
Tracey McCarthy from The HR Services
As an organisation run by disabled people, we are experts in our field. With our advice, you can not only meet your obligations as an employer but go further to increase performance, improve workplace cohesion and create a more inclusive environment for staff as well as customers.
We have worked with a variety of respective clients across a wide spectrum of departments, including Senior Management, and HR. Our services are designed to support business alike to improve accessibility and inclusivity for their staff and customers. Discover more about our services below.
Pledge your commitment to disabled people and a more inclusive workplace. ‘‘Disability Confident’’ is a government scheme. There are three different levels that you can acquire, and with our support and expertise we can guide you through each step and ensure that you meet the criteria for the scheme.
About Disability Confident:
- Working alongside a Disabled Persons User Led Organisation in order to meet accreditation requirements
- Remove barriers to disabled people and those with long term health conditions in employment
- Enabling businesses to draw from the widest possible pool of talent
- Improved brand awareness and profile
Ease of progressing through each level by working with a
- Disabled Persons User Led Organisation and accessing Disability Equality Training
If you are interested in learning more about how to become Disability Confident, then please contact us directly.
- Delivered by someone with lived experience as a disabled person
- Have an understanding of the meaning of disability rights & responsibilities
- Have knowledge about the Social Model of disability & how to classify barriers
- Understanding how the Social Model can be used as a tool for removing barriers
- Have an understanding of how to implement reasonable adjustments to remove barriers
- Have an understanding of how equality law applies to you as employees & service providers
- Have an appreciation of how language affects your work & the inclusive language that should be used
- Be able to identify how to offer assistance to disabled service-users in a non-patronising way
- Have an understanding about choice, control and independence in connection with services for disabled people
- Have greater confidence to discuss disability issues and have more confidence to challenge discrimination
- CPD Accredited
We use our experience as a Disabled Peoples User led Organisation to help you improve the accessibility of your business or organisation. Many barriers and hazards may not be visible to people who are not access experts.
WECIL will help you to find ways to ensure your premises and services are accessible to disabled people with a variety of different impairments.
A full audit will be carried out on your organisation to assess the accessibility of your premises, including outside spaces and your digital profile. This means that all aspects of your organisation can become more accessible.
About Access Audits:
- Audits provided by the lived experience of disabled
people from a pan impairment perspective
- Risk reduction in regards to accessibility and inclusion
- Detailed report for evidence of implementation of
access improvements for disabled people
- Access improvements can improve customer footfall
- Identifying risks, hazards and preventing access
- Step towards becoming Disability Confident
If you are interested in learning more about accessibility support, then please contact us directly.
workASSURED is a service to provide advice and support to both employees who identify as disabled or who have a long term health condition, their manager(s) and HR to remove in-work barriers that are disabling the staff member providing a report of recommendations to remove them.
“WECIL’s Disability Equality training was fantastic – an engaging, open and accessible session that really encouraged staff to self-reflect and consider how both individually and organisation-wide we can start to look at breaking down the barriers and improve access for disabled young people. The training encouraged open discussion and the trainer was particularly engaging and put everyone at ease. Following the training, staff feel much more confident in considering how we can proactively improve the way we work and support all young people and promote inclusion and diversity within our organisation.”
Sarah Pritchard (Prince’s Trust Bristol)
If you’d like to discuss our services in more detail, please do get in touch with our Business Support Services team on:
Telephone: 0117 9479911
Our full day Disability Equality Training is CPD Accredited.